Friday, June 29, 2007

Cellphones: The Mogul Wears Prada

I can honestly say I love my phone. I have a Blackberry Pearl, and it's everything I want: sleek, black, sexy, full-featured. I even downloaded the Developer's Kit so I could make my own custom Dior theme for it. But as soon as I heard about LG's Prada phone, my mouth began to water.

It's the It girl accessory defined. Much like the iPhone, it has a touchscreen; unlike the iPhone, it's black. Really, can you go wrong with Prada in black? Release in the US is still in question, but you can snag an unlocked Euroversion on eBay for $700-800. Yes, I typed that right. Many complaints early on said "If you're going to get a touchscreen phone for that much money, why not just get an iPhone and save $200?" But now with the revelation of the iPhone's lack of some pretty basic features, Apple is losing the function battle - and it long ago lost form. Sure, they've been the adorable, tiny, young sector of technology since the advent of the iPod - but how can they expect to compete with Prada?